1) The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
2) Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
3) For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
4) Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
5) The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
6) Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
7) A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.
8) When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
9) We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
10) We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are.
11) Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.
12) Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
13) Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a permanent attitude.
14) Always forgive your enemies – nothing annoys them so much.
15) Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real.
16) Teamwork is like gymnastics. It works best when everyone is flexible.
17) Ex-bankrupt can laugh all the way to the bank.
18) It Changed My Life: One body blow after another, but he fights on.
19) Don’t outsource your ‘dad’ duties.
20) How to find TRUE Significance and Security? Read Luke 19:1-10. Read here too.
Every day, in real time, in real life, we need to learn, unlearn, relearn, and put that learning into practice. Quote from Singapore former Education Minister Heng Swee Keat.
So, if the cat is focusing on “how do I get out of this gate“, the focus is too much on the problem, which can affect the results.
If the focus changes to “how do I get out of this tub“, that is a different kind of focus, and that will help the cat look for different possibilities.
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle. — Steve Jobs